There may be times when you want to display a Microsoft Excel chart with your data, but you don't want it to take up the space on the worksheet. One solution is to place the chart in a comment.
First, create your chart and cut and paste it to a drawing program such as Paint. Save the chart as a picture file and then go back and insert a comment in the worksheet.
To add the chart to the comment, follow these steps:
- Double-click the comment.
- Select the Colors And Lines tab.
- In the Fill section, select Fill Effects From The Color drop-down list.
- Select the Picture tab and then click the Select Picture button.
- Navigate to the file that contains the chart and click the Insert button.
- Click OK twice.
Now you can simply point to the cell that contains the comment and the chart is displayed.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.