When publishing your documents on the Web, you can format your Microsoft Word tables so they will remain visible no matter how the user resizes the Web browser window. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to View | Task Pane.
- Select Web Page under New in the Word 2003 task pane or Blank Web Page in the Word 2002 task pane.
- Create a table for your Web page.
- Right-click the table and select Table Properties.
- Click the Table tab and in the Size section, click the Preferred Width check box.
- Click the Measured In drop-down arrow and select Percent.
Your Word table will now reformat automatically as needed to remain visible within the Web browser window, no matter how small it is resized.
Miss a tip?
Check out the Microsoft Word archive, and catch up on our most recent Word tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.