By default, Microsoft Access form windows act like any other window; users can change their size and position using the windows border features. But if you would like to prevent users from modifying how the form displays on the screen, follow these steps:
- Open the form in design view and press [F4].
- Under the format tab, change the value of MinMaxButtons property to None.
- Change the value of Control Box to No.
- Change the Border Style to Thin.
- Set the value of Moveable to No.
When the form is opened, the user will not be able to use the border buttons to resize, minimize or maximize the form. With Moveable set to No, users will not be able to click and drag the border to reposition the window on the screen.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.