You can make your pictures stand out on a Word page simply by adding a border and drop shadow. But if you're pressed for time, you may not want to work with all the menus involved. Here's a quick way to add a plain black border and gray shadow with a few mouse clicks:
- Right-click the picture and select Borders And Shading.
- On the Borders tab, select the Box setting. Click OK.
- Click the Drawing button in the Standard toolbar.
- Click the Shadow Style button in the Drawing toolbar.
- Click Shadow Settings and then click the Shadow On/Off button.
- Use the Shadow Settings buttons to adjust the shadow as necessary.
Miss a tip?
Check out the Microsoft Word archive, and catch up on our most recent Word tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.