In Microsoft Access, you can create a table that not only allows users to look up e-mail addresses but that also lets them compose an e-mail to a specified address without having to leave Access.
First, you must create the E-mail_Address field that links to the user's e-mail program. Follow these steps:
- Open the table in Design View.
- Add a field called E-mail_Address, and select Hyperlink from the Data Type drop-down list.
- Save the changes to the table.
- Then, to enter an e-mail address as a hyperlink, follow these steps:
- Move to the E-mail_Address field in the table, and press [Ctrl]K.
- In the Link To section, click E-mail Address.
- In the E-mail Address text box, enter the e-mail address for that record, and click OK.
To send an e-mail from the table, right-click the E-mail_Address field, and choose Hyperlink | Open Hyperlink. Access will open an e-mail message with the To address already filled in. All you have to do is complete and send the message.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.