Builder.com articles on VB.NET, Web services, and HTML frames were all part of August’s most popular list, with "HTML frames can reduce server traffic" topping the list and generating a lively discussion among Builder.com readers. Here are the top 10 articles, active discussions, and book and product reviews for August 2002 as compiled by the Builder.com editorial team.
Top articles for August
- "HTML frames can reduce server traffic"
- "Read and write text files with Visual Basic .NET"
- "Top five Web service myths"
- "Turn your senior developers into mentors"
- "Prototypes save time and money and reduce problems"
- "Take advantage of exception chaining in Java 1.4"
- "Don't let the jerk at the top steal all your thunder"
- "The .NET Common Programming Model (CPM)"
- "Six ways to build a better developer"
- "Database normalization starts with the keys"
Book and product reviews
- Applied Java Patterns
- Business Rules and Information Systems
- ColdFusion MX
- XML In A Nutshell
- Web Database Applications with PHP & MySQL
- C# programming with SharpDevelop
And don’t forget to take part in the Bulder.com Technology Survey.
These articles cover a wide spectrum of enterprise development. Please send us an e-mail if you’d like to see more or fewer articles on a specific technology. In addition, we're looking for members who are interested in writing articles for Builder.com, a community-driven site. Send an e-mail using this link for more information on how to become a contributor.