You are writing a Word report on a recent customer survey and would like to include a chart that shows the latest poll results along with its margin of error for the North region. You have access to the worksheet data that includes the poll results for the South, East, and North regions, but you don't have Excel; you can still create your chart in Word. Follow these steps:
- Go to Insert | Picture | Chart.
- Go to Edit | Import File.
- Navigate to the Excel file that contains the data and click Open.
- Click the Range radio button and enter the range that contains the data you wish to chart.
- Go to Chart | Type and select the 2-D column.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the North Data Series.
- Click Format Data Series.
- Click the Y Error Bars tab.
- Under Display, click Both.
- Click the Percentage button and enter 2.
- Click OK.
Miss a tip?
Check out the Microsoft Word archive, and catch up on our most recent Word tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.