If your users have recently made the jump to Word 2007 — or an upgrade is just around the corner — you could be in for a lot of hand-holding. We've put together a collection of tips from our Office Suite newsletter that will help them acclimate to Word's new functionality and show them how to perform their everyday tasks using Word 2007 tools and techniques. You can download the collection as a PDF or follow the links below to read the tips individually.
- Use Word 2007's new Reading Highlight feature to highlight words in your document
- Save time by using Word 2007's built-in cover pages
- Add a header to Word 2007 documents with three mouse clicks
- Change the default margins of your Word 2007 documents
- Let Word 2007 proofread your documents with a click of the mouse
- Use Word 2007's options to change your default document folder
- Transfer information to other documents using Word 2007's View Side By Side feature
- Customize the Word 2007 Ribbon with these quick tips
- Assemble professional documents with Word 2007's building blocks
- Use Word 2007's contextual spell checker to avoid embarrassing errors
- Check the compatibility of your Word 2007 documents
Jody Gilbert has been writing and editing technical articles for the past 25 years. She was part of the team that launched TechRepublic and is now Feature Editor for Tech Pro Research.