In September, we converted our Five Tips blog to Five Apps. (Be sure to check out our year-end wrap-up of the most popular Five Apps entries.) But we didn’t want to turn our back on nine months of great tips, so we put together this 10 Things list of the most popular Five Tips lists of 2011. Wheels within wheels.
CCleaner is one of the best all-around tools for keeping your computer optimized and free of the junk that accumulates from Internet surfing, obsolete apps, and other fragments that clog up your system.
If you’re wasting too much time waiting (and waiting and waiting) for Web pages to load, give these tips a try. You should see an immediate, noticeable boost in speed, making your browsing experience faster and more efficient.
Share these tips with Windows 7 newbies to reduce initial confusion and help them get up to speed quickly.
Searching for ways to increase your Word productivity may get in the way of your productivity. So here are a few tricks you don’t need to go looking for.
When you’re dealing with a system that won’t boot, you need to fall back on some diagnostic skills and recovery strategies. Jack Wallen shares his field-tested approach.
Does your server room look like it’s ready for some marinara sauce and a few meatballs? Turn your cable chaos into a manageable system by following a few simple steps.
If a crash hoses your Windows system, System Restore can help you get things working again. Here are a few tips and precautions that will help you put this tool to work.
Some people say procrastination works for them, keeping them sharp and efficient. But for others, it’s self-defeating, guilt-inducing, and demoralizing.
Office 2010 gives you considerable leeway in tailoring the interface to work the way you want it to. Susan Harkins runs through some customization basics.
Spend enough time on the helpdesk, and your nerves are likely to get a bit frayed. Here are some survival tips to help make the job less stressful.
- Five tips for freeing up PC hard disk space
- Five tips for the best Android experience
- Five simple tips that will improve your writing a thousand percent
- Five tips for diagnosing memory problems
- Five tips for narrowing down problems on client machines
- Five tips for choosing the right Linux distribution
- Five desktop security tips that are easily overlooked
- Five tips for avoiding common Web design sins
- Five tips for starting your meetings on time
- Five tips for faster remote network troubleshooting