This week we're showing the results of our poll Grade Your Job: Help Desk.
Here are the other job poll results we've covered so far:
From the discussion after the poll on Help Desk, we learned that some of the good points about the Help Desk position are:
- You get to hear gratitude from thankful users.
- It has a fast, interesting pace.
- The large variety of questions keep one from getting bored.
Some of the drawbacks include:
- There is a great deal of interference by management (some treat you like a piece of furniture).
- You get the dirty jobs nobody else wants.
- You're expected to know everything about everything and have to master more and more.
Here are the results:
How would you rate the overall stress of your job?
How would you rate your compensation?
How easy is it to find a job in your field?
How would you rate your overall satisfaction with your job?
Toni Bowers is Managing Editor of TechRepublic and is the award-winning blogger of the Career Management blog. She has edited newsletters, books, and web sites pertaining to software, IT career, and IT management issues.