The highlights from the most recent report from Dice about job postings on their site:
- “Software development is beyond compare in today’s job tech job market.” Even if you’re not an engineer - many hiring managers want candidates to have a thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle. More development equals more QA or ensuring a project, product or service meets certain standards and satisfies requirements.
- The need for open source programming language skills that power a huge number of Web applications and technologies is evident in requests for Python and Ruby. Both have hit all-time highs in six of the 10 months in 2012.
- Speaking of open source, JBoss is on the list with nearly 2,000 job postings on any given day, up 10 percent year/year.
- Job postings for Android development job postings are up 33 percent from a year ago.
- There is a continuing demand for information security professionals.
- Microsoft nabs a couple of spots on the list, with MS Dynamics (1,581, up 10% year/year) and Windows 7. With Windows 8 just around the corner, it’s interesting that recruiting activity for the previous version is at an all-time high.
- Requests for virtualization know-how scaled its all-time high too.