Looking for some geeky visual diversions to help make your coffee break even more enjoyable? Well, look no further because we're starting a new Geekend series in which we feature the nerdy and off-topic photo galleries published within the past week or so. We'll also showcase TechRepublic member picture galleries of costumes, tattoos, and pets.
This week, we highlight technology from Battlestar Galactica, the maiden flight of Terrafugia's flying car, news from the 2009 Game Developers Conference (GDC), geek chic, and more.
This gallery shows some of the advanced technology found in the TV show Battlestar Galactica, and the editors compare it to things that actually exist in our world. A data-font, Cylon Raiders, and the DRADIS radar are just some of the tech featured.
- Terrafugia's flying car flies In February 2006, a start-up called Terrafugia unveiled plans to build an aviation novelty — a flying car. Earlier this month, the company got its Transition vehicle off the ground for its maiden flight.
- Spring preview: Tech cars
- Spring preview: Car Tech
- ECOTality poised to rollout fast-charging EV infrastructure
- Fun and games at GDC 09 The Game Developers Conference attracted thousands of programmers, artists, producers, game designers, and developers.
- Spring preview - Games and gear
- iGoogle gets its game on
Geek chic and Google Street View
If you'd like to contribute to the TechRepublic member pics galleries, please send us your photos.
Which photos are your favorites?
Have a favorite photo or photo gallery? Tell us which photos you enjoyed most by posting to the discussion.
Confident of your geek-pertise? Test your command of useless knowledge by signing up for TechRepublic's Geek Trivia newsletter, delivered every Wednesday, to find out how much of a geek you really are. Automatically sign up today!
Mary Weilage is a Senior Editor for CBS Interactive. She has worked for TechRepublic since 1999.