For those who have not heard, this is my final week as the host of the Geekend and author of Geek Trivia. My first "real" post on this blog involved a rant about the finale of Enterprise, bemoaning what had become of Star Trek. As I prepare to leave, Star Trek itself is about to be completely rebooted -- to much Trekkie anxiety, as Scott Lowe notes -- which offers some intriguing and perhaps fateful symmetry.To mark the occasion, I offer the video above -- the Ultimate Showdown between Star Wars and Star Trek -- along with the list below, which includes the Top 20 Star Trek Geekend posts of all time. As both Trek and the Geekend begin anew, it seems only fitting. Enjoy.
- Kirk vs. Picard--The movie!
- When did Star Trek jump the shark?
- Video: USS Enterprise versus the Death Star
- When did Trekkers jump the shark?
- Star Trek Demotivators
- Why did the starship Enterprise have such a stupid bridge?
- Why Star Trek's Prime Directive is stupid
- Play the original Star Trek video game from 1971
- Geek Trivia: Who was the only real-life astronaut ever cast in a Star Trek episode?
- Everything I need to know about my boss I learned from Star Trek
- Geek Trivia: What classic 20th century computer was owned by James T. Kirk?
- Video: The secret history of Star Trek's theme music
- What do Star Trek and Starbucks have in common (with Apple)?
- The deadly data regression of Star Trek's redshirts
- Video: Star Trek interviews from beyond the grave
- Video: James T. Kirk vs. James T. Kirk
- T-shirt(s) of the week: Star Trek TOS tunics
- Pics: Forcibly merging Star Wars and Star Trek
- T-shirt: Star Trek redshirt = 'Expendable'
- Pic: The Klingon keyboard
Jay Garmon has a vast and terrifying knowledge of all things obscure, obtuse, and irrelevant. One day, he hopes to write science fiction, but for now he'll settle for something stranger -- amusing and abusing IT pros. Read his full profile. You can also follow him on his personal blog.