IBM announces a slew of products that are tailored for small and medium businesses to help manage their software quality and network infrastructure.
A quote from the article at PC World | InfoWorld:
The product helps standardize and automate repetitive tasks, manage compliance mandates, and boost information sharing. Unlike the enterprise version, the Express product only works on a Windows console. It also eliminates other enterprise features such as dynamic server pooling, which is for distributed teams.
The list of tools includes:
- IBM Tivoli Network Manager IP: Network management product that starts at $35,000
- IBM Ration Team Concert: A collaborative portal that's based on the Jazz Technology Platform
- IBM Tivoli Consul Insight Manager: Single dashboard console to test system compliance
- WatchFire AppScan: For security testing and risk mitigation
- IBM Maximo: Tool that aids asset-related sourcing and procurement
- IBM Rational Performance Tester
- IBM Rational Functional Tester
IBM's latest announcements aim to cash in on small- and mid-size business growth. The tools target enterprises with less than 1,000 employees.
More news links:
IBM offers tailored infrastructure management systems for SMEs (ComputerWeekly)