Communication in the enterprise can be an opportunity to reap the rewards of mobile employees or gasp in a milieu of connection points. Enter, unified communication solutions -- a single point access to all your communication needs. And Siemens HiPath OpenOffice is a unified communication product tailored for the SMBs.Siemens HiPath OpenOffice
The solution consists of a hardware appliance, with a corresponding desktop applications that provide a single point access to your organization and a single management console for all your mail, fax, and calls. The decision of having a single hardware point was to prevent organizations from drowning in a deluge of configuration issues and to enable easy integration.
Features in the product include:
- Presence Status: View in real-time the status of all workers in your organization on a single screen. Also, simple steps to remotely set your status.
- Drag and Drop Conference management: Arrange conferences with multiple teams scattered over multiple locations using a simple drag and drop interface. HiPath takes care of placing calls to your contacts for prescheduled conferences.
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook: The addition to your familiar Outlook is a toolbar that provides access to your e-mail, voice mail, phone, fax, and IM.
- Attendant Console: Easy management of incoming calls with IM integration. The all-in-one display provides information on availability of personnel before transferring a call.
- Directories and favorites list: Single point access for all your contacts and a favorites list to group your core contacts (by drag and drop) to get in touch instantly.
- Unified voicemail and fax : Single mailbox for all your phone numbers, fax, and voicemail.
- Notification pop ups with options to record, redirect, and answer.
- Dial from any desktop application: Touch base with your contacts using the single click and dial feature, which lets you dial any number from your e-mail, Word document, or Excel sheet.
- Personal Auto-attendant and Personal notifications: Set options for managing your calls in your absence or for notifications on important calls and messages.
- Call Me!: When on the move, set your preference for HiPath to route all your office calls to the number of your choice.
- Personal call journal: Log all your calls for easy follow-up.
With a price tag of $270 (including the cost of all hardware except handset), HiPath is a feature rich unified communication solution for small and medium enterprises. Down the line, the company plans to introduce an SDK for enabling more feature additions and extensions.