Sun Microsystems announces the immediate availability of GlassFish V2, the next major version of the open source Java Platform Enterprise Edition (Java EE) 5 Application Server and its commercially-supported counterpart, the Sun Java System Application Server 9.1.
Building on the success of GlassFish V1, this release adds enterprise features such as clustering, advanced administration and record-breaking performance. In addition, the Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 offers new industry leading cost-efficient annual subscriptions for customers that need production quality support.
Some of the features include:
- Best-in-class performance: GlassFish V2 is the fastest open source Java EE 5 Application Server available today
- Clustering: Enables grouping for servers for scalability and in-memory data replication for fail-over protection and high availability
- Centralized administration: Manage application server clusters and deployments from a centralized console
- Project Metro: Allows for interoperability between Java Web services and Windows environments
- Open ESB: Enables easy integration of Web services. JBI also provides a standardized approach to delivering SOA using Web services
- NetBeans IDE Integration: Enables developers to deploy SOA applications by designing business process execution language (BPEL) workflows
Do you run Java in your company? What is it used for?
Paul Mah is a writer and blogger who lives in Singapore, where he has worked for a number of years in various capacities within the IT industry. Paul enjoys tinkering with tech gadgets, smartphones, and networking devices.