Sony was one of several companies who demonstrated 3D display technology at CES 2009. This is a very short clip of a prototype 3D TV running a Gran Turismo demo off a PlayStation 3. At its press conference, Sony didn’t provide many details about its plans for 3D television, but they appear to be partnering with Real D–journalists were given REAL D glasses through which they could watch the 3D TVs.
Video: Sony shows 3D television prototypes at CES 2009
January 8, 2009, 9:26 PM PST | Length:00:00:24
Get IT Tips, news, and reviews delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing to TechRepublic’s free newsletters.
No messages found
No messages found
Bravia is King
The great thing about this system is that not only is it top-of-the-line when it comes to the technology that is included in it, but it is also the most beautiful TV that you will ever see.
Aesthetically, this TV is something that all interior decorators would love to see inside a house. This is because of the slim design that is found on the Sony KDL40HX800 3D TV that makes it a breeze to add onto any kind of design.
Also, there are more mounting options when it comes to a TV this slim and this light. Unlike other non-flat and non-plasma TVs, these do not need to have their own stands and cases; and hence, do not need to take up as much space as TVs conventionally do.
A flat screen TV like this can be mounted onto a wall, built into a wall to make it look like it is not there, or whatever else your heart desires.
Here is an overall list of the available features on the Sony KDL40HX800 3D TV:
* 40-inch screen when measured diagonally
* 16:9 aspect ratio
* A viewing angle of 178 degrees up and/or down, as well as 178 degrees left and/or right
* It is fully 3D-capable and compatible, and can be easily activated with the push of one button
* A USB 2.0 socket and 1 Ethernet socket. This means that you can access entertainment straight from your flash drive as well as enjoy Internet entertainment through the Ethernet connection that the Sony KDL40HX800 3D TV is capable of. This sounds like an amazing feat for those who are not familiar with the technology, but Sony has brought it into reality. This way, you can connect straight to the Internet through your TV, and make use of various Internet entertainment selections.
* Aside from the added surround sound system that can be put on, there is also an invisible speaker system that comes complete with sound elevation. This means that even without the surround sound system, you still have top-of-the-line sound and can still enjoy the best of the best when it comes to viewing crisp pictures and high quality sound.
* This TV has a total of 40 inches in size diagonally, and the screen features 240Hz of power to give you the highest quality and crispest image than any other TV on the market. The Motionflow PRO feature of this TV also lets your TV show off the fastest-paced motion pictures ever made, and still maintain all the best clarity. You no longer have to worry about your eyes and the damage that could be done to them; because with the Sony KDL40HX800 3D TV, you are sure to always be able to watch TV without any added stress to your eyes.
* The Sony Sync transmitter is that which makes the Sony KDL40HX800 3D TV even more different from the rest. With the syncing transmitter, you can enjoy your entertainment in 3D. This means that your movies, games and even sporting events can be all viewed in 3D. This amazing feat can be accomplished through the 1080p full HD screen that is top-of-the-line. With a push of a simple button, your normal and conventional 2D entertainment becomes a 3D world of entertainment that you have never experienced before.
* As for the sound, it is top-of-the-line as well. It is not only the picture of this television that is the best of the best, but the sound as well. When you buy the Sony KDL40HX800 3D TV, you get a surround sound theater system along with the bundle. This surround sound home theater system is called the Sony Virtual 5.1 Channel Sound Bar. This is a simple yet extraordinarily powerful system that is 3D-capable and compatible as well. Just like the picture of the TV, this surround sound will adapt to your special 3D viewing with just a click of a button. Just imagine being able to tell how far away a car is because of the sound of the movie that you are watching, and you can have a small idea of what it will be like to watch TV on the Sony KDL40HX800 3D TV with it???s included surround sound home theater system.
Reviews about the Sony KDL40HX800 3D TV are all raving about this TV. It seems that this is Sony???s year, seeing as the models that they have been putting out have been greeted with praise. The only downside that can be seen right now is that a television set that is 3D-capable is understandably pricier than a normal High-definition TV.
This set was first sold for $2,099, but the prices have now been lowered down to $1,698. Although this is still more than what you would pay for a non-3D television, this is still considered as the best price-to-quality ratio when it comes to all the 3D TVs that are now out in the market.
Upon review of this product, more and more people are becoming convinced that it is the best product in the market right now. After receiving a whopping 4.5 stars out of five, that???s a percentage of up to 96% customer satisfaction, it seems that the facts are proving them right. No other producth as ever been met with such satisfaction and customer approval.
Because of this new widespread release of HDTV viewing in 3D, it is a must that you also have the right equipment to be able to enjoy this technology. Make sure that you also have the proper 3D glasses.
Buying 3D glasses straight from Sony will assure you that you have the highest quality glasses; hence, also the highest-quality 3D viewing. The Sony KDL40HX800 3D TV is simply not complete without the proper 3D glasses.
Sony 3D TV is Tops
RE: Video: Sony shows 3D television prototypes at CES 2009
I have a 55" and I am not on board with 3d TV. Why would I want to but another expensive set just to sit in my living room with a pair of 3d glasses pretending everything is in my living room??
If you like things rushing towards you, go stand in the freeway lanes.
Already got it..
I'm getting a newer card anyway, and it will definitely have this also.
My local theater is installing a special 3D viewing section. I've heard it doesn't require glasses. I haven't kept up on that kind of tech.
There are no posts from your contacts.
Adding contacts is simple. Just mouse over any member's photo or click any member's name then click the "Follow" button. You can easily manage your contacts within your account contacts page.