Global Knowledge tapped Red Hat Certified Engineers to compile a list of tip and tricks for system administrators, which you can get as a free download from the TechRepublic registry. This is a concise, nine-page paper that includes these topics:
- Wiping a hard drive
- Determining the manufacturer of a laptop battery
- Sharing a hot spare device in software RAID
- Getting USB to work when drivers are not available
- Using Proc
- Growing the devices in a RAID array
- Installing third-party RPMs
- Unkillable processes
Download 10 Red Hat Linux Tips and Tricks to add to your Linux library.
Selena has been at TechRepublic since 2002. She is currently a Senior Editor with a background in technical writing, editing, and research. She edits Data Center, Linux and Open Source, Apple in the Enterprise, The Enterprise Cloud, Web Designer, and IT Security blogs.