- Open the report in Design View.
- Place a text box named txtRunningSum at the left side of the report's detail section.
- Click in the Control Source property and enter =1 (Figure B).
- Click in the Visible property and select No.
- Click in the Running Sum property and select Over All.
- Add another text box next to txtRunningSum.
- Enter this code in the Control Source property: =[txtRunningSum]&"."
Miss an Access tip?
Check out the Microsoft Access archive and catch up on other Access tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.