- Select the existing sheet, the source sheet, that contains the settings you want to transfer.
- Select the target sheet(s) -- the sheets you want to update -- by pressing [Ctrl] and clicking each sheet tab.
- Select Page Setup from the File menu and click OK.
- Make sure you select the sheets in the right order -- source, then target(s). If you activate a target sheet first, you'll overwrite the settings you meant to copy.
- Be sure to ungroup your sheets when you're done. While grouped, Excel will execute any action you take on all the sheets in the group.
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.