Whether you're creating a flyer for your company bulletin board or the cover page for your quarterly department report, adding a professional-looking page border can help attract attention to your work. With Word 2007's Page Layout Ribbon, you can quickly add a border to any page of your document.
For example, to add a border to the title page of your report, follow these steps:
- Click anywhere on the title page.
- Click the Page Layout tab.
- Click the Page Borders command in the Page Background group.
- Under Setting, select Box.
- Scroll through the Style drop-down list and click a style of your choice.
- Click the Color drop-down list and click a color of your choice.
- Click the Apply To drop-down list and select This Section -- First Page Only.
- Click OK.
If you wish to use one of the built-in art borders instead, in step 5, click and scroll through the Art drop-down list and select the design of your choice.
Miss a Word tip?
Check out the Microsoft Word archive, and catch up on our most recent Word tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.