- Choose Startup from the Tools menu.
- Enter the database name you want users to see in the title bar in the Application Title box.
- Click OK and you'll find the name you entered at the left edge of the application title bar.
In Access 2007, the process is considerably different:
- Click the Office button and then click Access Options.
- Click Current Database in the left panel.
- In the Applications Options section, enter a name in the Application Title box.
- Click OK and Access displays the name you entered in the middle of the application title bar.
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.