- Open the file that contains the style you want to copy.
- Choose Templates And Add-Ins from the Tools menu.
- Click Close File below the In Normal.dot list.
- Click Open File and locate the document into which you want to paste the copied style. The feature defaults to a template (.dot), so be sure to change the file type if necessary.
- Click the style(s) you want to copy and click Copy.
- Word may prompt you to overwrite an existing style. Answer appropriately.
- Click Close when you're done.
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.