You can insert accented characters by choosing Symbol from the Insert menu. In Word 2007 and 2010, click the Insert tab and then click the Symbol dropdown in the Symbols group. There's a keyboard route, if you know the right keys to press—do you?
How would you remove incomplete tasks from Outlook 2010's To-Do list? Agency shared one way to do it. Just remember, if you right-click the header to go directly to the advanced settings, you modify the default view and that might be exactly what you want, but the default view you currently enjoy (probably To-Do List) will be gone. It's an important detail that you should keep in mind. I recommend that you create a new view and make that the default:
- In the Tasks window, click the View tab.
- In the Current View group, click the Change View dropdown.
- Choose Manage Views.
- Click New and enter a name for the new view, say Future Tasks, and click OK.
- Click Filter in the Advanced View Settings: Future Tasks dialog box.
- Click the SQL tab and click Clear All. (This deletes any existing filtering string.)
- Click the Advanced tab.
- From the Field dropdown, select Date/Time Fields and then choose Due Date from the resulting submenu.
- From the Condition dropdown, choose On Or After.
- In the Value control, enter Today.
- Click Add To List.
- Click OK twice.
- In the Manage All Views dialog box, click Apply View. Doing so will make Future Tasks the default view.
If you want to replace the To-Do List (which I don't recommend), do the following:
- In the Tasks window, right-click any column heading and choose View Settings.
- Click Filter
- Click Filter in the Advanced View Settings: To-Do List dialog box.
- Continue at step 6 above.
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.