- Display the Styles And Formatting task pane by choosing Styles And Formatting from the Format menu or clicking the Styles And Formatting button on the Formatting toolbar.
- Choose All Styles from the Show drop-down list (at the bottom of the task pane). Depending on the document, you could expose dozens of styles.
- If Balloon Text is in the list (most likely, it will not be) right-click it and choose Modify.
- In the Format Style dialog box, choose Font from the Format button at the bottom of the dialog box, make the changes you want, and click OK twice.
- If Balloon Text isn't available, choose Custom from the Show drop-down list.
- In the resulting Format Settings dialog box, check Balloon Text in the Styles To Be Visible list and click OK.
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.