- First, select the data (table, spreadsheet) that you want to transpose and copy it to the Clipboard using [Ctrl]+C. For instance, the example table (shown below) is in A1:E7.
- Select the top-left cell of the range you want to copy the transposed data to (A9 for instance).
- Click the Home tab (if necessary).
- Click the Paste dropdown in the Clipboard group.
- Click Transpose (the last icon on the second row).
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.