- Open the form in Design view and add a text box in the desired location.
- Enter =Chr(40) as the control's Control Source property.
- Set the following properties as follows:
- Back Style: Transparent
- Back Color: Enter the appropriate value to match the section's Back Color property.
- Special Effect: Flat
- Border Style: Transparent
- Font Size: Adjust as necessary; the example uses 20.
- Font Name: Wingdings
- You can use the control's Click event to execute some action. For instance, clicking the Phone graphic might dial the current number.
- You can use a bound text box to update the Chr() function's argument and allow the record to determine the graphic.
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.