Using Word’s Borders And Shading Dialog box, you can quickly add a border and/or shading to any image in your document. For example, say you want to add a border to the clip art shown in Figure A.
Follow these steps:
- Click to select the picture.
- Go to Format | Borders And Shading. (In Word 2007, on the Home tab in the Paragraph group, click the down arrow of the Borders And Shading tool and select Borders And Shading.)
- On the Borders tab, click Shadow under Setting.
- Select Dark Blue from the Color drop-down list (Figure B).
- Select 4-1/2 pt from the Width drop-down list and click OK.
The specified border and shadow will appear around the clip art as shown in Figure C.
Miss a Word tip?
Check out the Microsoft Word archive and catch up on other Word tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic’s free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.