With Access 2007’s new attachment fields, you can attach most file types to your database records. For example, suppose you want to include each employee’s resume document with his/her record in your Employees database. Follow these steps:
- Open the Employees database.
- Double-click the Employee Records table in the Navigation bar.
- Click the Design View button on the Home tab.
- Click in the next empty cell under Field Name, type Resume, and then press [Tab].
- Click the drop-down arrow and select Attachment.
To enter an employee’s resume document in the Resume field, follow these steps:
- Click the Datasheet View button on the Design Ribbon.
- Double-click the Resume field of the first employee record.
- Click the Add button.
- Navigate to the Resume document and click on it.
- Click Open then click OK.
To view the resume, double-click on the Resume field, and then double-click on the file in the Attachments dialog box.
Miss an Access tip?
Check out the Microsoft Access archive, and catch up on our most recent Access tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic’s free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.