Sometimes a task is best accomplished by an application that is designed solely for that purpose. For the simple task of burning an ISO image to optical media, there are few applications as simple to use, and as efficient, as Active ISO Burner 2.0.
- Operating systems: Windows 95/98/ME, NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008
- Supported formats: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+R DL (Dual Layer), DVD-RW and DVD+RW (including double layer, DL), Blu-Ray
- Supported transport options: SPTI, SPTD, ASPI
- Additional information
- Download from TechRepublic Software Library
Who is it for?
Active ISO Burner 2.0 is designed for anyone looking to burn ISO images to optical media without the extra bells and whistles often found in competing products.
What problem does it solve?
The Active ISO Burner 2.0 application burns ISO images for all formats with a simple user interface that takes up little resources in terms of memory or hard disk space. The unobtrusive small footprint is directly tied to the single-purpose nature of the application.
- Formats: Active ISO Burner 2.0 can handle any of the common media formats including the newest Blu-Ray disks.
- Simple user interface: The application features a single primary dialog page, with a supplemental advanced page that most users will never have to deal with.
- Transport options: The three included transport protocols expand the compatibility of the software to include every Windows operating system version since Windows 95.
- Freeware: Active ISO Burner 2.0 is free for distribution and commercial use
What's wrong?The characteristics that make Active ISO Burner 2.0 appealing is also the characteristics that can cause problems. If you need more features in your ISO burning application, then this is not what you are looking for. If your needs change and more advanced features are required, Active ISO Burner 2.0 will not scale to meet those requirements.
Bottom line for business
For businesses looking to provide users with a simple yet effective and efficient ISO burning application, Active ISO Burner 2.0 fills the bill with a solid piece of software that is easy to use, resource saving, and effective.
Have you encountered or used a Active ISO Burner 2.0? If so, what do you think? Rate your experience and compare the results to what other TechRepublic members think. Give your own personal review of the Active ISO Burner 2.0 in the TechRepublic Community Forums or let us know if you think we left anything out in our review.
Read our field-tested reviews of hardware and software in TechRepublic's Product Spotlight newsletter, delivered each Thursday. We explain who would use the product and describe what problem the product is designed to solve. Automatically sign up today!
Mark Kaelin is a CBS Interactive Senior Editor for TechRepublic. He is the host for the Microsoft Windows and Office blog, the Google in the Enterprise blog, the Five Apps blog and the Big Data Analytics blog.