CloudBerry Online Backup for Amazon S3, from CloudBerry Lab, makes backing up any computer to the Internet, whether it is a home computer or an enterprise server, a snap with an easy backup wizard. Restoring files is just as easy. Also, with its built-in encryption protocols, CloudBerry is able to keep your data secure as well.
- Manufacturer: CloudBerry Lab
- Product: CloudBerry Online Backup for Amazon S3
- Version: 184.108.40.2061
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher. No current support for Windows Home Server
- Price: $29.99
- Amazon S3 Storage: First 50 TB/month of storage used is $0.150 per GB
- For a closer look, check out the TechRepublic CloudBerry Photo Gallery
Who is it for?
CloudBerry Online Backup provides easy configuration and ready data access to any system administrator through its user-friendly interface. Any critical system can be easily restored with the click of the mouse. Also, with versioning control, CloudBerry is able to retrieve an edit completed more than one revision ago.
What problem does it solve?
CloudBerry leverages the Amazon S3 service to provide ready storage space to companies with a variety of storage needs. The Amazon S3 billing structure is built around "what you need" instead of a fixed drive or tape size. Also, by providing encryption technology, CloudBerry keeps your data safe using your own key/password.
- Storage: CloudBerry uses Amazon S3's almost infinite storage
- User-friendly: Simple, easy-to-use wizards for backups and restores
- Encryption: 18 different encryption algorithms
- Cost: After paying $29.99 for the software, you're still required to pay Amazon for storage on the S3 servers. Cost is scaled to the amount of storage space used, but there are free or fixed-cost products available.
Bottom line for business
All business data needs to be backed-up. With CloudBerry Online Backup, you don't have to worry about disasters because your data is off-site at one of the world's largest data centers. Also, the likelihood of data tampering is extremely low with the included encryption algorithms. Finally, CloudBerry is extremely easy to use, which is important for organizations without full-time IT staff.
Have you encountered or used CloudBerry Online Backup for Amazon S3? If so, what do you think? Rate your experience and compare the results to what other TechRepublic members think. Give your own personal review in the TechRepublic Community Forums or let us know if you think we left anything out in our review.
Read our field-tested reviews of hardware and software in TechRepublic's Product Spotlight newsletter, delivered each Thursday. We explain who would use the product and describe what problem the product is designed to solve. Automatically sign up today!