Jitterbit 3.0, from Jitterbit, Inc., is an open source application and data integration platform that can link a variety of software packages to help enterprise business analysts better manage business information. Jitterbit, designed for large-scale enterprise integration, enables business analysts to manipulate its flexible and intuitive interface to manage cloud computing, on premise application and data integration projects.
- Manufacturer: Jitterbit, Inc.
- Product: Jitterbit
- Version: 3.0
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux and Solaris
- Disk space: 200MB free
- RAM: 2GB
- Free Trial: Jitterbit
- Price: Varies depending upon services selected (An All-in-One package is available)
- TechRepublic Photo Gallery
Who’s it for?
Enterprise business analysts needing to link a variety of disparate data sources in order to better manage cloud computing, on premise application, and data integration may benefit from using Jitterbit Enterprise MX 3.0.
What problem does it solve?
Business analysts can better manage and manipulate transactional, database and other information from a wide variety of sources using Jitterbit Enterprise MX 3.0. The application integration platform assists large organizations by reducing complexity and adding flexibility when integrating enterprise applications, maximizing value of software-as-a-service deployments, fully capturing benefits of ETL and other business intelligence systems and maximizing business process integration efforts.
- Quick deployment: Because Jitterbit Enterprise MX leverages industry standard protocols and is open source code, organizations report quick deployment of the application integration platform. Without the need to write any additional code, out-of-the-box deployments are possible for numerous ERP, CRM and SaaS platforms.
- Flexible simplicity: Jitterbit provides support for numerous transports and protocols, making it easy for enterprise organizations to integrate the application with existing systems. Jitterbit support ODBC/JBDC connectivity to all major databases, most common protocols (including HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, S/FTP, SMTP and POP3), XML and popular Web services, Java Messaging Service and more. Thus, multiple integrations are possible within the same application platform. Factor in Jitterbit’s highly customizable GUI (that also provides complete project, schedule and user customization), and the simple platform quickly becomes highly flexible.
- Wide platform support: In order to serve as a centralized platform capable of fully integrating an enterprise’s numerous and disparate business operations systems, an application integration tool must provide support for vast platforms, databases, and applications. Jitterbit does. Out of the box, Jitterbit can integrate all the following: enterprise applications (including PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics and more), databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL, Sybase, Teradatra and others), Service Oriented Architecture platforms (including webMethods, Tibco, Vitria, IBM WebSphere, BizTalk and BEA WebLogic),third party tools (QAD, Infor, Vertical Response, Interwoven, AMS Advantage, Microsoft Sharepoint, and Documentum), SaaS applications (Salesforce, Sapien, SoftScape, RightNow! and Siebel On-Demand) and other systems and services (such as XML, Active Directory and LDAP).
- Team oriented: Jitterbit Enterprise MX includes user management features. Support for a multi-user environment makes it easy for larger teams to collaborate on application integration projects. Users can collaborate, rather than fear inadvertently changing or repeating one another’s work. Administrators also can now replicate user accounts and permissions across multiple servers. The creation of production and live server environments is simplified, as a result.
- Secure integration: Several security protections are built into Jitterbit to ensure application data integration remains secure. In addition to role-based access, the platform leverages encrypted messaging and project access restrictions. Further, the software includes an Apache server that provide for full SSL and x.509 certificate use. PGP, LDAP authentication and Oasis authentication are among the supported Web services security protocols.
- NetSuite users may experience trouble: In the past, some NetSuite users have experienced trouble installing Jitterbit with their NetSuite ERP tools. In May 2009, however, Jitterbit announced a new alliance with CRM Advantage that aimed, among other things, to bolster NetSuite ERP and Salesforce CRM integration initiatives.
- Altova MapForce
- Boomi AtomSphere
- Pervasic Integration Pervasive Data Integrator
- Talend: Talend Open Studio
Bottom line for business
Jitterbit Enterprise MX boasts simple, flexible configuration. The open source application is deployed on a server possessing as little as 200MB of free space (a minimum of 2GB RAM and dual-core CPU is recommended for large-scale integrations). Further, the software permits installing client agents on desktops for ready access to the product’s data by appropriate corporate staff. Quick deployment and support for a wide variety of standard protocols, SaaS applications and ERP and CRM systems make Jitterbit Enterprise MX 3.0 an attractive application integration component for large organizations seeking to maximize enterprise application investments and make better sense of these systems’ data.
Have you encountered or used Jitterbit Enterprise MX 3.0? If so, what do you think? Rate your experience and compare the results to what other TechRepublic members think. Give your own personal review in the TechRepublic Community Forums or let us know if you think we left anything out in our review.
Read our field-tested reviews of hardware and software in TechRepublic’s Product Spotlight newsletter, delivered each Thursday. We explain who would use the product and describe what problem the product is designed to solve. Automatically sign up today!