LifeHacker has a nice piece called LifeHacker Top 10: USB thumb drive tricks. Some of the instructions could be a little better, and they should include some more screenshots, but this is definitely worth a look.
The tricks are:
- Boot an operating system
- Encrypt your drive
- Make a portable MP3 player
- Speed up or lock down Windows Vista
- Run a logoff message to unplug the drive
- Quick launch your workspace
- Assemble a PC repair kit
- Put on the DemocraKey "computer condom"
- Sync your data
- Assign custom icons
What are some other cool tricks you can do with a USB flash drive? Join the discussion.
Jason Hiner is the Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He is an award-winning journalist who writes about the people, products, and ideas that are revolutionizing the ways we live and work in the 21st century.