Most IT departments have been operating very lean since the 2001 recession. So if they've been asked to cut even deeper during this economic downturn, it takes wisdom and a deft hand to make the right cuts without compromising key priorities. TechRepublic offers assistance with our new download, IT Cost Cutting: The Ninja Guide (this requires free registration and login).
Some of the tips and best practices in this 18-page PDF include:
- Small cuts that can save big bucks
- Creative cost-cutting techniques
- Ways that SMBs can make relatively painlessly cuts
- Free Windows applications that can save money
- Free security tools that can save money
- Ways to give old servers a second life
Also, please take our poll:
Jason Hiner is the Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He is an award-winning journalist who writes about the people, products, and ideas that are revolutionizing the ways we live and work in the 21st century.