Most IT departments have been operating very lean since the 2001 recession. So if they've been asked to cut even deeper during this economic downturn, it takes wisdom and a deft hand to make the right cuts without compromising key priorities. TechRepublic offers assistance with our new download, IT Cost Cutting: The Ninja Guide (this requires free registration and login).
Some of the tips and best practices in this 18-page PDF include:
- Small cuts that can save big bucks
- Creative cost-cutting techniques
- Ways that SMBs can make relatively painlessly cuts
- Free Windows applications that can save money
- Free security tools that can save money
- Ways to give old servers a second life
Also, please take our poll:
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.