I spend a lot of my time trying to identify and evaluate new IT trends in this blog. This week, I distilled some of that information into a presentation on 2008's top five trends in IT management, which I gave at the ManageFusion conference on April 9 in Las Vegas.
Here are the top five trends that I identified:
- The rise of data center as a service
- The re-centralization of IT
- The death of the network perimeter
- The invasion of consumer technologies
- The emergence of true remote manageability
I've made a copy of my PowerPoint slides available for download.
Jason Hiner is Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He writes about the people, products, and ideas changing how we live and work in the 21st century. He's co-author of the upcoming book, Follow the Geeks.