I spend a lot of my time trying to identify and evaluate new IT trends in this blog. This week, I distilled some of that information into a presentation on 2008's top five trends in IT management, which I gave at the ManageFusion conference on April 9 in Las Vegas.
Here are the top five trends that I identified:
- The rise of data center as a service
- The re-centralization of IT
- The death of the network perimeter
- The invasion of consumer technologies
- The emergence of true remote manageability
I've made a copy of my PowerPoint slides available for download.
Jason Hiner is the Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He is an award-winning journalist who writes about the people, products, and ideas that are revolutionizing the ways we live and work in the 21st century.