Windows 7 officially arrives this week and The Big Question podcast discusses the impact it will have on the PC industry, IT spending, and Microsoft itself.
The Big Question is a joint production from ZDNet and TechRepublic that I co-host with ZDNet Editor in Chief Larry Dignan. This week's guest is Mary Jo Foley, author of the popular ZDNet blog All About Microsoft.
You can play this 17-minute episode from the Flash-based player at the top of the page or:
Stories discussed in this episode:
- Ballmer: Testers didn't ring Vista warning bells; Could the same happen with Windows 7? (ZDNet)
- CIO Jury split 50/50 on deploying Windows 7 in 2010 (TechRepublic)
- Microsoft's message to IT pros: Meet us half way with Windows 7 (ZDNet)
- Back-to-school demand saves PC market; Slight growth in third quarter (ZDNet)
- Podcast: Will Windows 7 redeem the sins of Vista? (TechRepublic)
- Windows 7 report card: The hits and misses (TechRepublic)
Jason Hiner is the Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He is an award-winning journalist who writes about the people, products, and ideas that are revolutionizing the ways we live and work in the 21st century.