We've been talking about the consumerization of IT for years, but it's now reaching an inflection point. Is it time for IT to accept it and adapt?
The Big Question is a joint production from ZDNet and TechRepublic that I co-host with ZDNet Editor in Chief Larry Dignan. Larry is traveling on the west coast this week so he couldn't make it, but he'll be back next week. My colleague Bill Detwiler, TechRepublic's Head Technology Editor, pinch-hit for him this week.
If you enjoy this podcast, please go to to our iTunes page to rate it and leave a short review.
Stories discussed in this episode:
- Five technology trends to watch in 2010 (TechRepublic)
- Poll: Has the Web browser become your most-used interface platform? (TechRepublic)
- How did IT fall so far behind the tech curve? (ZDNet)
- Did The Wall Street Journal sabotage businesses by publishing tips on how to circumvent IT? (TechRepublic)
- Gartner: Ability to leverage consumerization of IT will make or break businesses (ZDNet)
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He writes about how technology is changing the way we live and work in the 21st century. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.