Microsoft has been rapidly losing ground in the smartphone market. Can the newly-announced Windows Phone 7 change that? We discuss the details, the possibilities, and the one factor that would have made it a lot more interesting.
The Big Question is a joint production from ZDNet and TechRepublic that I co-host with ZDNet Editor in Chief Larry Dignan.
If you enjoy this podcast, please go to to our iTunes page to rate it and leave a short review.
We're also working on providing a full transcript of each episode. Stay tuned for that in the near future.
Stories discussed in this episode:
- Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 Series: Too little too late? (ZDNet)
- Windows Phone 7 Series ... what we know, and what we don't (ZDNet)
- Windows Phone 7 video (ZDNet)
- Microsoft got it right by borrowing from the Zune (ZDNet)
- Windows Phone Classic to coexist with Windows Phone 7 Series (ZDNet)
- Microsoft should buy Palm to resurrect Windows Mobile (TechRepublic)
Jason Hiner is Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He writes about the people, products, and ideas changing how we live and work in the 21st century. He's co-author of the upcoming book, Follow the Geeks.