The Verizon Droid launches Nov. 6 amid a lot of hype and anticipation. It's also being aimed at business users. We discuss how it measures up.
The Big Question is a joint production from ZDNet and TechRepublic that I co-host with ZDNet Editor in Chief Larry Dignan. Larry is on vacation this week so there are two guests, Bill Detwiler, Head Technology Editor for TechRepublic, and Andrew Nusca, an editor for ZDNet and SmartPlanet.
You can play this 25-minute episode from the Flash-based player at the top of the page or:
Stories discussed in this episode:
- With Motorola Droid, Verizon puts doubts about Google Android platform to rest (ZDNet)
- Verizon Droid: Doesn't match iPhone, but brings Android out of beta (TechRepublic)
- Five interesting details about the new Verizon Droid smartphone (TechRepublic)
- What's new in Android 2.0? (ZDNet)
- Can Droid mask iPhone envy? Or will Verizon iPhone rumors keep users guessing? (ZDNet)
- Will Droid do damage to the iPhone's mojo? (ZDNet)
Jason Hiner is Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He writes about the people, products, and ideas changing how we live and work in the 21st century. He's co-author of the upcoming book, Follow the Geeks (bit.ly/ftgeeks).