Google is preparing to launch and sell a new smartphone, untethered from the cellular carriers. Learn the two factors that will determine its success.
The Big Question is a joint production from ZDNet and TechRepublic that I co-host with ZDNet Editor in Chief Larry Dignan.
If you enjoy this podcast, please go to to our iTunes page to rate it and leave a short review.
Stories discussed in this episode:
- The Google Phone: Risks, rewards and wild cards (ZDNet)
- Why So Many Are So Wrong on the 'Google Phone' (PC Magazine)
- Google phone with T-Mobile contract in Jan: source (Reuters)
- Google to launch unlocked Nexus One Android smartphone in 2010; disrupt mobile industry (ZDNet)
- Top 10 Google Phone rumors (ZDNet)
Jason Hiner is Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He writes about the people, products, and ideas changing how we live and work in the 21st century. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.