The official biography of Apple CEO Steve Jobs arrives on Monday and the man who was hand-picked by Jobs to write his life story, Walter Isaacson, will be on 60 Minutes on Sunday at 7:00 PM Eastern/Pacific to talk about that story, his experience working with Jobs, and some of the book's most interesting revelations about the intensely-private Apple co-founder.
EDITED: You can now watch the 60 Minutes interview online:
And, here are a couple related links that are worth a look:
- Steve Jobs: Revelations from a tech giant
- 60 Minutes Overtime: What did Steve Jobs say about his rivals?
TechRepublic will have further coverage of the biography next week, with a perspective on Jobs' most important contributions to the tech industry, any information in the book on his views toward IT and the enterprise, and his overall approach and impact on the business world.
Some information from the book is already starting to leak out. Take a look at the links below
- Official site: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Jobs questioned authority all his life, book says (Associated Press)
- Steve Jobs: Android a 'stolen product' (ZDNet)
- Biographer: Jobs refused early and potentially life-saving surgery (CBS News)
- Steve Jobs and biological father unknowingly met, biographer says (CBS News)
- Steve Jobs biography reveals he told Obama, 'You're headed for a one-term presidency' (Huffington Post)
- Amazon: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
Disclaimer: TechRepublic, 60 Minutes, and Simon & Schuster (publisher of the book) are all properties of CBS.
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.