HP buying 3Com is likely the beginning of more IT industry consolidation. See who the buyers will be and which companies could be acquisition targets.
The Big Question is a joint production from ZDNet and TechRepublic that I co-host with ZDNet Editor in Chief Larry Dignan.
You can play this 25-minute episode from the Flash-based player at the top of the page or:
Stories discussed in this episode:
- HP announces $2.7 billion acquisition of 3Com (ZDNet)
- Cisco vs. HP: 3Com acquisition ups the ante (ZDNet)
- Seven tech industry acquisitions we would sanction (TechRepublic)
- Logitech Buys LifeSize. Now what about Polycom? (ZDNet)
- Google spent about $780 million today (ZDNet)
- EU showdown over Oracle-Sun; Objections seem imminent (ZDNet)
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.