Top 10 IT headlines
- RIM officially announces the BlackBerry Bold and a $150 million development fund (ZDNet)
- Microsoft to limit capabilities of cheap laptops (PC World)
- Nokia kicks off strategy to focus more attention on the U.S. wireless market (ZDNet)
- Has Eric Schmidt finally outmanuevered Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer? (TechRepublic)
- Inside Microsoft's war against Google (BusinessWeek)
- Flaw turns Gmail into spamming machine (CNET)
- Xirrus explains why IT can now afford to 'ditch the switch' (TechRepublic)
- All USB ports aren't created equal (ZDNet)
- Revived Net Neutrality bill cripples Internet for real-time applications (Formortals.com)
- HotelChatter's 2008 Wi-Fi review: Rating the hotels (TechRepublic)
Also newsworthy ...
- Why do Macs need so much fixing? (ZDNet)
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 provides updated WPA2 support (TechRepublic)
- Philly's Wi-Fi network in jeopardy (CNET)
- UPDATED: Calendar of U.S. technology conferences and events in 2008 (TechRepublic)
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Stay on top of the latest IT news and trends Get the top stories in IT delivered directly to you each weekday by subscribing to our free IT News Digest newsletter. Automatically sign up today.
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.