Top 10 IT headlines
- Microsoft readies new 'don't blame Windows' tool (ZDNet)
- Google opens app engine to all, details pricing (Computerworld)
- Apple reportedly looking at solar power for mobile devices (TechWeb)
- Gates to spend 20 percent of his time on Microsoft projects in retirement (CNET)
- Firefox 3 RC2 on tap, final ship in mid June (ZDNet)
- Cisco confirms possibility of IOS rootkits (ZDNet)
- Microsoft exec predicts big growth for Windows Mobile (CNET)
- Podcast: Which cell phones give off the most radiation? (CNET)
- Google's obfuscation on privacy (ZDNet)
- Windows XP to fall off retail and OEM lists in 5 weeks (TechRepublic)
Also newsworthy ...
- Viacom v Google: Threat to the Net — or just Google? (ZDNet)
- Bridging the chasm: How to prevent your IT organization from becoming a commodity (TechRepublic)
- Penetration testing: Hacking the FBI (TechRepublic)
- Can a 256GB SSD save the MacBook Air? (ZDNet)
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Stay on top of the latest IT news and trends Get the top stories in IT delivered directly to you each weekday by subscribing to our free IT News Digest newsletter. Automatically sign up today.
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He writes about how technology is changing the way we live and work in the 21st century. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.