Top 10 headlines
- Yahoo stock plunges after Microsoft backs off (New York Times)
- Google to Verizon: Don't shirk open access responsibilities (CNET)
- IBM reshuffles its executive deck (CNET)
- Could Sprint ditch Nextel? Makes sense (CNET)
- Apple gets top marks for tech support (TechWeb)
- Dell set to give Inspiron notebooks a Penryn kick (Computerworld)
- Apple's iPhone lands in 10 countries via Vodafone pact (ZDNet)
- Yahoo-Google tie-up may not be so close (CNET)
- OpenSolaris: What Ubuntu wants to be when it grows up (ZDNet)
- HP Launches 'Extreme' Storage System (TechWeb)
Also newsworthy ...
- Would the addition of Sprint screw up T-Mobile? (ZDNet)
- 25 Who Ditched IT for CleanTech (GigaOM)
- Top 10 network venture deals from Q1 (Network World)
- Something's up' at LinkedIn, per blog reports (CNET)
- Zune: Welcome to the video (CNET)
- Yahoo Chief Open to More Microsoft Talks (eWEEK)
————————————————————————————————————————Stay on top of the latest tech news
Get this news story and many more by subscribing to our free IT News Digest newsletter, delivered each weekday. Automatically sign up today!
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.