Top 10 IT headlines
- IT must prepare for $200-a-barrel oil and a rise in remote workers (TechRepublic)
- Microsoft still shopping; Approached Facebook (ZDNet)
- Microsoft going it alone? Not exactly (ZDNet)
- AMD Plans 12-Core Server Chip In 2010 (TechWeb)
- Dell expands virtualization offerings (eWEEK)
- Top Instant Messaging applications in the enterprise (TechRepublic)
- How one vendor learned to stop worrying (about open source) and love Microsoft (Computerworld)
- Microsoft Live Mesh to get more competition — from Sun (ZDNet)
- Podcast: How 4G will affect the rest of us (CNET)
- I updated Windows XP with SP3 and nothing bad happened (TechRepublic)
Also newsworthy ...
- Midmarket IT folks: Belles of the conference circuit (ZDNet)
- What Windows Vista might have been (TechRepublic)
- How long can AMD continue to blame Intel for its failures? (ZDNet)
- Don't expect these five high-tech skills to bring you more money (TechRepublic)
————————————————————————————————————————Stay on top of the latest tech news
Get this news story and many more by subscribing to our free IT News Digest newsletter, delivered each weekday. Automatically sign up today!
Jason Hiner is Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He writes about the people, products, and ideas changing how we live and work in the 21st century. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.