Top 10 IT headlines
- Microsoft shares more IE8 security details (ZDNet)
- Wall Street: Too much sway over the tech sector? (ZDNet)
- Does the GPL still matter? (Techdirt)
- Underground marketplace sells your personal data for a hefty profit (TechRepublic)
- A rundown of 'L'Affair Microhoo' (CNET)
- Mark your calendars: Microsoft to push Office 2007 SP1 on June 16 (ZDNet)
- A modest proposal to fix Dell's customer service (CNET)
- Samba 3.2 reflects open source project's ambivalence toward Microsoft (ZDNet)
- New Dell Inspiron consumer laptops leaked! (hint: thin) (ZDNet)
- XP SP3 cripples some PCs with endless reboots (Computerworld)
Also newsworthy ...
- TechRepublic Out Loud - May 9, 2008 (TechRepublic)
- EIC podcast: SAP; JavaOne; AMD, Microhoo (ZDNet)
- Report: Apple working on its own Wiimote? (CNET)
- Sun xVM Virtualbox puts Mac on x86 (ZDNet)
- P2P is under attack, but is it attacking you? (TechRepublic)
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Stay on top of the latest IT news and trends Get the top stories in IT delivered directly to you each weekday by subscribing to our free IT News Digest newsletter. Automatically sign up today.
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.