The Society for Information Management hosts a great event every fall to bring IT leaders together for information sharing and inspiration. One of the best things about SIMposium is the opportunity to chat with some of the smartest and most influential CIOs in the world.
I was at SIMposium 09 in Seattle this week and I asked six of the best world's best CIOs the same two questions:
- What new IT trend is on the top of your radar right now and why?
- What do you think IT spending will look like in 2010?
Here are the CIOs I talked to
- Larry Bonfante, CIO of U.S. Tennis Association
- Curt Pederson, CIO of Oregon State University
- Patricia Coffey, Vice President of Technology for Allstate
- Ed Trainer, CIO of Amtrak
- Tony Scott, CIO of Microsoft
- Peter Whatnell, CIO of Sunoco
Watch their responses in this 15-minute video:
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.