During the TR Out Loud podcast on April 18, 2008, TechRepublic member Maxwell Edison asked the following Question of the Week: "What would you include in a list of the Seven Technological Wonders of the World?"
We received a few great answers, including a list from Maxwell Edison himself — Images: The Seven Technological Wonders of the World. Here are his answers:
- The Hubble Space Telescope
- The International Space Station
- The Artificial Pacemaker
- The Mars Rover
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- The Global Position System (GPS)
- Voyager Spacecraft
Other answers — compliments of TR members Oz Media, jdclyde, and Hal 9000 — include the following:
- The First Solid State Transistor
- MP3 format/players
- The Canadarm Space shuttle
- Bluetooth technology
- Mobile hardware, which incorporate Internet and e-mail services (includes the cell phone, of course)
- Digital sound mixing tools and onstage aides
- Torrent, nzb, rar files, etc. (Yay, file sharing)
- Electronic security/access systems
What other technological wonders would you add to the list?
Sonja Thompson has worked for TechRepublic since October of 1999. She is currently a Senior Editor and the host of the several blogs.