According to Toni Bowers, job seekers sometimes approach interviews too eager to please. Find out what you can do to get around that feeling, and then take a look at the other topics and members that were the most active on the boards.Top 5 discussion threads:
- Nine tips for getting hired (Toni Bowers)
- How to kill innovation, in five easy steps (Jason Hiner)
- Working towards bug-free, secure software (Michael Kassner)
- Open source software users voluntarily pay more (Chad Perrin)
- Poll: Should you really trust the cloud with your valuable data? (Mark Kaelin)
- jck and Tony Hopkinson (56 posts)
- apotheon (54 posts)
- seanferd (53 posts)
- RayFoxxe (50 posts)
- AnsuGisalas (46 posts)
- Palmetto (13)
- seanferd (8)
- AnsuGisalas (5)
- Hal 9000 and PurpleSkys (3)
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- IT pros have the power to watch the watchmen
- What does Angry Birds mean for the future of computing?
- Use social media to better serve your customers
- Hal 9000 highlights TR Questions of the Week - May 30, 2011
- Try to salvage client relationships if you've failed to deliver
- Camera phone challenge: Geeky couples
- TechRepublic FAQ: Voting
- TechRepublic FAQ: Q&A
TechRepublic Community photo galleries:
- TechRepublic swag from around the world
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TechRepublic's camera phone challenges
If you'd like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
You can now also purchase merchandise from the TechRepublic store on CafePress!Addendum:
Happy birthday to TR member jdclyde! If you just celebrated a birthday, please let us know so that we can give you a shout out next year — and if your birthday is quickly approaching, we want to know that too!
Have you signed up for TechRepublic Live 2011 on Sept. 28-30? Seating is limited, so if you haven't registered, please reserve your spot today!
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.